RubberCover EPDM offers a unique combination of features and benefits which have been demonstrated on hundreds of thousands of roofs around the world. Suitable for a range of small residential flat roofing applications, rubber roofs are designed to be long lasting, hard wearing and reliable. Made from a synthetic rubber compound, Firestone RubberCover is a high-performing solution that you know you can count on. But why? This handy rubber roofing guide talks about the benefits of EPDM and why so many people use it on their flat roofs.
What exactly is RubberCover?
Firestone RubberCover is a watertight and durable system that is a 100% cured single-ply roofing membrane made of a synthetic rubber Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Terpolymer. There’s a lot of things to know about EPDM roofing, but some of the most important things to know is that it has a 50-year life expectancy, can be used on a wide range of residential roofs – including extensions, garages, sheds and gutters – and is fire resistant. All of these factors make it an incredibly popular choice for flat roofing projects around the globe.
What are the benefits of Firestone EPDM?
If you’re wanting to know why you should use RubberCover EPDM for your flat roofing project, one of the main things you’re going to be concerned with are its pros and cons. Now, if the fact that EPDM rubber roofing membranes have been used not just for domestic applications but also for commercial and industrial roofs – and quite successfully may we add – isn’t enough to persuade you, here’s a list of benefits:
- Available in large, seamless sheets, meaning that most small roofs can be covered with just one sheet of EPDM
- No flames required for the application as the membrane is fully adhered to the substrate using a cold applied adhesive
- Incredibly easy to install and work with, with hardly any fuss and mess needed
- Little maintenance required, just a few checks to make sure everything is as it should be
- Low life-cycle cost thanks to its durability
- Flexible material that can also elongate over 300% to accommodate building movements
- Environmentally friendly material
Once you know the installation procedures, you’re able to reap the benefits of RubberCover EPDM. You can view our step-by-step guides here to find out more about how to install Firestone RubberCover. There’s a wide range of surfaces that rubber roofing can be applied on, including:
- Garden Sheds